“We are a caring community welcoming others to join us in following Jesus.”
This gathering has its roots as far back as 1803, and is named in honour of its first minister. The church was largely a farm-related group of Swiss/German origins which formed into a congregation in 1816. Our first log church was built in 1817. As the area became more diverse, so too has our congregation, with more than six different nationalities already represented within our church.
To participate in the Mission of God in Markham and around the world.
To be open and welcoming and to learn from a variety of cultures.
To be growing in Christian formation through participation.